Sunday 22 November 2015

June 25th Thursday


From: Beaver Point, Saltspring Island        To: Tulista Park in Sidney
Start time: 0900        Finish time: 1300      Distance: 17.5 km
Tide: Swartz Bay
0733    1.5
1351    2.1
1729    2.1

     
The morning calm
Today is the last day of this trip and I slept in, made some instant coffee and oatmeal and didn’t get off the beach until 9:00. I slid my loaded kayak into the water with the help of a bunch of driftwood to protect it from the rocks. I took my time and paddled over to Portland Island. I was here for my first time a few weeks before I began this trip and had spent the night. It’s just another jewel among the many in Victoria for Paddlers.

     As I got closer to Sidney I was having mixed feelings. I did it. Mission accomplished, but at the same time I didn't want it to be over. It went by so fast. I pulled into the boat ramp at Tulista Park in Sidney. No dancing girls on the beach, or cheering crowd to greet me, kind of anti climatic really, but still so satisfying. I phoned Trish to come and pick me up, and as I sat waiting for her I began planning for next year’s trip.
Waiting for Trish to pick me up at Tulista park

No comments:

Post a Comment