Saturday 21 November 2015

June 10th Wednesday

From: West Thurlow Island To: West Thurlow Island
Start time:                  Finish time:    Distance: 0
The kitchen area on West Thurlow

     I slept in until 7:00, made some coffee and some breakfast.  I followed a faint trail up the hill where I found a logging road and went for a long walk. I managed to find some reception on my cell phone and called Trish to let her know where I was. When I returned to camp I took a bath in the creek (brrrrr) then washed some of my clothes in a dry bag full of soapy water.
Laundry day
I was beginning to feel a lot better then I had last night, mind you I was still experiencing some of that wave motion from yesterday. Carefully I went over my options for the next leg, considered heading through the Dent, Gillard and Yuculta Rapids to escape the NW winds that had been blowing for the past four day and nights. After figuring out the currents of all three rapids and reviewing The Wild Coast 3 by John Kimantas it didn’t look like a good option, so I decided to stick with the original plan and turn down Nodales Channel to Discovery Passage. The wind forecast for the morning was 15 to 20 knots I was hoping that the wind wouldn’t funnel down Nodales as it did in Sunderland and Chancellor Channels or I would be paddling against it, not something I wanted to do. I’m beginning to switch into the right frame of mind for being out here alone, slowdown, think twice and relax. I made bannock again tonight for tomorrow’s lunch.
frypan bannock such a nice treat with a cup of coffee
The one thing I wish I’d have brought with me was Chap Stick. I don’t get chapped lips very often but my bottom lip is now split open and bleeding, not pleasant at all. After dinner I was in bed around 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment